2021 – Juries, Voir Dire, Batson, and Beyond: Achieving Fairness in Civil Jury Trials
2020 – Dangerous Secrets: Confronting Confidentiality in Our Public Courts
2019 – Aggregate Litigation in State Courts: Preserving Vital Mechanisms
2018 – State Court Protection of Individual Constitutional Rights
- State Constitutional Provisions, Statutes and Decisions on Right to Jury Trial and Right to Remedy by NCJI
2017 – Jurisdiction: Defining State Courts’ Authority
2016 – Who Will Write Your Rules? Your State Court or the Federal Judiciary?
2015 – Judicial Transparency and the Rule of Law
- The Sedona Guidelines: Best Practices Addressing Protective Orders, Confidentiality & Public Access in Civil Cases
- Representative Federal and State Judicial Decisions and Other Materials Involving Protective Orders, Confidentiality and Public Access in Civil and Criminal Matters
- Supplement to Representative Federal and State Judicial Decisions
- Additional Resources
2014 – Forced Arbitration and the Fate of the 7th Amendment: The Core of America’s Legal System at Stake?
2013 – The War on the Judiciary: Can Independent Judging Survive?
2012 – Justice Isn’t Free: The Court Funding Crisis and Its Remedies
- 2012 Forum Agenda
- 2012 Forum Faculty
- John T. Broderick and Lawrence Friedman – State Courts and Public Justice: New Challenges, New Choices
- J. Clark Kelso – Strategies for Responding to the Budget Crisis: From Leverage to Leadership
- 2012 Forum Contributors
2011 – The Jury Trial Implosion: The Decline of Trial by Jury and Its Significance for Appellate Courts
- 2011 Forum Agenda
- 2011 Forum Faculty
- Marc Galanter & Angela Frozena – The Continuing Decline of Civil Trials in American Courts
- Stephan Landsman – The Impact of the Vanishing Jury Trial on Participatory Democracy
- Hon. William G. Young – Federal Courts Nurturing Democracy
- Hon. William G. Young – Open Letter to US District Judges
- State Jury Trial Provisions
- 2011 Forum Contributors
2010 – Back to the Future: Pleading Again in the Age of Dickens?
- 2010 Forum Agenda
- 2010 Forum Faculty
- Benjamin Spencer – Pleading in State Courts After Twombly and Iqbal
- Stephen B. Burbank – Pleading, Access to Justice, and the Distribution of Power
- 2010 Forum Contributors
2009 – Preemption: Will Traditional State Authority Survive?
- 2009 Forum Agenda
- 2009 Forum Faculty
- Mary J. Davis – Is the “Presumption Against Preemption“ Still Valid?
- Thomas O. McGarity – When Does State Law Trigger Preemption Issues?
2008 – Summary Judgement on the Rise: Is Justice Falling?
- 2008 Forum Agenda
- 2008 Forum Faculty
- Arthur R. Miller – The Ascent of Summary Judgement and its Consequences for State Courts and State Law
- Georgene M. Vairo – Defending Against Summary Justice: The Role of the Appellate Courts